Services We Offer
Our Flower & Gift Shop
What We Do
You may be asking yourself what it is that the funeral home does in terms of paper work and contacts. The following list includes an integrated overview of our services. This list is not all inclusive.
We collect information about the deceased to facilitate the legal requirements for the death certification process. We communicate with families, doctors, coroners, medical examiners and in some cases, the local law enforcement agencies to collect and document the information. Forms are completed and signatures secured, the documents are filed at the appropriate destination of a local or state government office. These may include:
- Burial Permits
- Cremation Permits
- Death Certificates and the Certified Copies
- Social Security Notices
- Veteran's Administration Notices
What we do is to help family members through all the minute details of organizing a memorable ceremony for their loved one.
- Information is collected to write a biographical history (obituary)
- Obituaries are sent to the designated newspapers and radio stations.
- Obituaries and service information are posted on the Bosma-Renkes website
- A website memorial page may be created for the deceased and posted
- Custom printed material is produced for the service
- A video tribute (DVD) may be produced to be played at the visitation or funeral service.
- Chapels, seating & flowers are arranged for visitation gatherings, and funeral services
- A register book is memorialized and inscribed with service details, photos of floral arrangements and listings of memorials
Much of what we do consists of making contacts to complete the funeral service details.
- Cemetery personnel are contacted to open/close graves for the burial
- A vault company is contacted to deliver and install the burial vault
- Tent setup is arranged for graveside service
- Clergy or speakers are contacted to officiate
- Churches are contacted to coordinate services and luncheons
- Casket bearers are contacted
- Military organizations are contacted to provide graveside military honors
- Social service organizations and clubs are contacted to coordinate any special services
- Musicians, organist, and vocalist are contacted
Contacts are also made by us to notify relevant business & government entities of the death.
- Life and health insurance
- Financial plans and investments
- Retirement pension plans
- Employers and HR departments
- Social Security Administration
- Veteran's Administration
- Department of Human Services
Post service follow-up is completed by a contact with the funeral director or qualified staff. Also at Bosma-Renkes and Bosma-Gibson we have staff that is trained to help families choose and design a perfect monument. Our phones are answered by a funeral home staff member 24 hours a day so someone is always available to answer questions. Funeral pre arrangements and pre planning are another aspect of WHAT WE DO here at the funeral home.
Lastly, what we do includes the usual record keeping, accounting, billing, inventory management, building maintenance, personnel training, and the team building necessary to a successful business. We strive to serve you as you wish (and deserve) to be served.